Long time no posts but I am going to come back to writing on here but for KINGS OF WAR.
If you don't know yet with the death of 8th edition of Warhammer Fantasy there has been a low in gaming as we have been waiting to see what comes, Which over here in New Zealand it turned out that Kings of war.
I have since then been able to play quite a few games and I have been finding it that:
- The rules are much simpler and they are the same across the board - This means there is no need to read through 1000's of rules just to find the one you need
- The Game is much quicker then 8th ed game
- Less rules disputes - Don't get wrong there is still rules disputes however they get resolved and I see that most of these are just due to being new to the game
- Movement is key
- You always feel like you have a chance - No matter what you have
- kow2.easyarmy.com is a great site for army builder
- The models from Mantic are much cheaper and the quality is increasing rapidly
- There is No game breaking spells - I never like it when the whole battle plan was "I am going to throw 6 dice at X spell"
- This game revolves around strategy and a over the whole board awareness - As there is no fleeing as a response.
- NO REMOVING MODELS
So overall I have been enjoying my time playing Kings of War to the point I have now bought myself a new army of 16th century samurai that will be fielded as the Brotherhood. More on this to come with the assembly and painting of this NEW ARMY.
I will also take the time to do up some BATREP's so keep it real.